LM3 Heavy Wear Grass Seed 20kg
Also available in: 10kg Bag Size
LM3 is composed of 70% Dwarf Perennial Rye-grass of two different cultivars, and 30% Creeping Red Fescue. All three species have been firmly established on the Sports Turf Research Institute listings for several years. This seed mix provides excellent colour and resistance to Red Thread, a common turf disease. The combination of three separate cultivars adds to the quality of this mixture ensuring that whatever the situation it will form a turf that will respond to pretty rough treatment. The merit of the Creeping Red Fescue means that areas that are damaged will recover given time and some attention.
|20||Maxima||Strong Creeping Red Fescue|
|All cultivars chosen in this mixture are independently tested and rated for performance by the Sports Turf Research Institute.|
|Sowing Rate (g/m2)||Overseeding Rate (g/m2)||Mowing Height (mm)|
|35 – 45||15 – 30||Down to 20|
- Prepare the surface before sowing ensuring that:
- Stones and weeds are removed.
- There is sufficient drainage.
- The surface is level and firm.
- The surface is moist.
- Sow the seeds evenly using the correct sowing rate to a depth of approximately 10 mm.
- Ensure that the surface remains moist for at least 2 – 3 weeks.
- Make the first cut when the grass is 5 – 6 cm tall and tillering has started.
- Prepare the existing turf by removing excess thatch and limiting irrigation and fertilisation.
- Apply using the correct overseeding rate.
- For best results use a disc seed or a studded seed roller.
For advice or further information on LM3 Heavy Wear Lawn Grass Seed, speak to a technical sales advisor on +353 (0)1 841 7399.