LM1 Fine Turf/Low Maintenance Grass Seed
Also available in: 10kg Bag Size
Fescue is a species that thrives in even the most extreme conditions and favours low nutrient situations where maintenance is reduced. The mix will provide excellent drought resistance through good root establishment, under favourable conditions, and provide outstanding disease resistance as Fescue is naturally disease resistant. Fescue reproduces vegetatively through rhizomes enabling it to spread and fill surrounding areas providing excellent green coverage year-round for a 100% fescue mix.
All cultivars chosen in this mixture are independently tested and rated for performance by the Sports Turf Research Institute.
|70||Dipper||Strong Creeping Red Fescue|
|10||Nicole||Slender Creeping Red Fescue|
|Sowing Rate (g/m2)||Overseeding Rate (g/m2)||Mowing Height (mm)|
|35 – 45||15 – 30||Down to 12|
- Prepare the surface before sowing ensuring that:
- Stones & weeds are removed.
- There is sufficient drainage.
- The surface is level and firm.
- The surface is moist.
- Sow the seeds evenly, using the correct sowing rate to a depth of approximately 10 mm.
- Ensure that the surface remanins moist for at least 2 – 3 weeks.
- Make the first cut when the grass is 5 – 6 cm tall and tillering has started.
- Prepare the existing turf by removing excess thatch and limiting irrigation and fertilisation.
- Apply using the correct overseeding rate.
- For best results use a disc seeder or a studded seed roller.
LM1 Fine Turf/Low Maintenance Grass Seed is coated with Maxcoat-HSL to aid growth and establishment. This unique and innovative product is based on a seaweed extract with a high cytoquinine content, providing faster germination and emergence.
Maxcoat-HSL is a user friendly, non-toxic treatment enhancing your grass to give it the best start possible.
For advice or further information on LM1 Fine Turf/Low Maintenance Grass Seed, speak to a technical sales advisor on +353 1 841 7399.