Johnsons J All Bent Grass Seed
This 100% Browntop Bent seed mix is exceptionally good at reducing invasion by Poa annua on greens when used regularly through the season for over seeding or renovation. The use of Browntop Bent on greens enables a closer cut and greater wear tolerance in comparison to pure fescue swards. The cultivars used in this mix will help to promote a fast playing surface with excellent colour and sward density.
| All cultivars chosen in this mixture are independently tested and rated for performance by the Sports Turf Research Institute.|
J All Bent Seed Features
- New No 1 rated Arrowtown and No 2 Manor, J Allbent sets a new standard for density and visual quality
- Quality bent grass seed allows a closer cut and greater wear tolerance over pure fescue swards
- Fast sustainable greens
- GroMax treated, maximises seedling development
Directions for Use
|Sowing Rate (g/m2)
||Overseeding Rate (g/m2)
||Mowing Height (mm)
|| Down to 3
- Prepare the surface before sowing ensuring that:
- Stones & weeds are removed.
- There is sufficient drainage.
- The surface is level and firm.
- The surface is moist.
- Sow the seeds evenly, using the correct sowing rate to a depth of approximately 10 mm.
- Ensure that the surface remanins moist for at least 2 - 3 weeks.
- Make the first cut when the grass is 5 - 6 cm tall and tillering has started.
- Prepare the existing turf by removing excess thatch and limiting irrigation and fertilisation.
- Apply using the correct overseeding rate.
- For best results use a disc seeder or a studded seed roller.
Did you know?
Johnsons J All Bent Grass Seeds have a GroMax coating to aid growth and establishment.
For more information about GroMax follow the link below.
Johnsons J All Bent Grass Seed is also available as a fertiliser coated ProNitro mixture, ideal for fast seeding and effective overseeding.
Disclaimer: Occasionally shortages of some varieties may occur, therefore we reserve the right to replace unavailable varieties with a suitable alternative. Any alteration to the mixture will be clearly shown on the bag label. Our standard terms and conditions of sale apply. For further information regarding this, please contact our technical sales team on +353 (0)1 841 7399.
Delivery charges (if applicable) applied at checkout. Next working day delivery is available on ‘In Stock’ items, on orders placed before 12 noon. Please allow 3-5 working days on all other orders – possibly longer during the festive season & bank holidays. Please note deliveries to more remote areas may also take longer. More delivery info
Please Note: If you have any access restrictions for lorries or large vehicles please speak to our sales team on .
Collection from our Naul, Co. Dublin, Trade Counter is available for this product. More info on collections