Johnsons J Premier Wicket Grass Seed
Johnsons J Premier Wicket grass seed is a four cultivar 100% Perennial Rye-grass seed mix which delivers proven results at the highest level. The cultivars have been carefully selected to ensure outstanding shoot density combined with a fine leaf. The sward cuts cleanly even at exceptionally low mowing heights and has an attractive colour, leading to an appealing, camera friendly appearance. The mix has high disease resistance and establishes rapidly.
| All cultivars chosen in this mixture are independently tested and rated for performance by the Sports Turf Research Institute.|
J Premier Wicket Grass Seed Features
- New Clementine an outstanding shoot density, combined with a fine leaf and incredible cleaness of cut for improved camera appeal
- Rapid establishment
- 4 cultivar mix delivers high disease resistance
- Attractive colour and leaf fineness.
- GroMax treated, maximises seedling development
Directions for Use
|Sowing Rate (g/m2)
||Overseeding Rate (g/m2)
||Mowing Height (mm)
|35 - 75
||25 - 75
||Down to 2
- Prepare the surface before sowing ensuring that:
- Stones & weeds are removed.
- There is sufficient drainage.
- The surface is level and firm.
- The surface is moist.
- Sow the seeds evenly, using the correct sowing rate to a depth of approximately 10 mm.
- Ensure that the surface remanins moist for at least 2 - 3 weeks.
- Make the first cut when the grass is 5 - 6 cm tall and tillering has started.
- Prepare the existing turf by removing excess thatch and limiting irrigation and fertilisation.
- Apply using the correct overseeding rate.
- For best results use a disc seeder or a studded seed roller.
Did you know?
Johnsons J Fairway Grass Seeds have a GroMax coating to aid growth and establishment.
For more information about GroMax follow the link below.
Johnsons J Fairway Greens Grass Seed is also available as a fertiliser coated ProNitro mixture, ideal for fast seeding and effective overseeding.
Disclaimer: Occasionally shortages of some varieties may occur, therefore we reserve the right to replace unavailable varieties with a suitable alternative. Any alteration to the mixture will be clearly shown on the bag label. Our standard terms and conditions of sale apply. For further information regarding this, please contact our technical sales team on +353 (0)1 841 7399.
Delivery charges (if applicable) applied at checkout. Next working day delivery is available on ‘In Stock’ items, on orders placed before 12 noon. Please allow 3-5 working days on all other orders – possibly longer during the festive season & bank holidays. Please note deliveries to more remote areas may also take longer. More delivery info
Please Note: If you have any access restrictions for lorries or large vehicles please speak to our sales team on .
Collection from our Naul, Co. Dublin, Trade Counter is available for this product. More info on collections