Johnsons J Pitch Grass Seed
This 100% Perennial Rye-grass seed mix establishes rapidly and is ready to mow in 3-5 weeks. The mix is ideal for training grounds as it offers strong wear tolerance and recovery ability. The tetraploid Perennial Rye-grass cultivar selected is proven to deliver deeper rooting to assist with summer drought tolerance. THe mix offers exceptional year round colour and disease resistance.
|25||Fabian||4Turf Tetraploid Perennial Ryegrass||6.4|
|All cultivars chosen in this mixture are independently tested and rated for performance by the Sports Turf Research Institute.|
J Pitch Seed Features
- Very rapid establishment, ready to mow in 3-5 weeks
- New Fabian 4Turf tetraploid ryegrass delivers fastest establishment, deeper rooting for summer stress tolerance and exceptional winter colour and disease resistance
- New highly rated companion cultivars for the highest density & wear tolerance
- Ideal for training grounds & high wear turf were irrigation is restricted
- GroMax treated, maximises seedling development
Directions for Use
|Sowing Rate (g/m2)||Overseeding Rate (g/m2)||Mowing Height (mm)|
|35 – 75||25 – 75||Down to 12|
- Prepare the surface before sowing ensuring that:
- Stones & weeds are removed.
- There is sufficient drainage.
- The surface is level and firm.
- The surface is moist.
- Sow the seeds evenly, using the correct sowing rate to a depth of approximately 10 mm.
- Ensure that the surface remanins moist for at least 2 – 3 weeks.
- Make the first cut when the grass is 5 – 6 cm tall and tillering has started.
- Prepare the existing turf by removing excess thatch and limiting irrigation and fertilisation.
- Apply using the correct overseeding rate.
- For best results use a disc seeder or a studded seed roller.
Did you know?
Johnsons J Pitch Grass Seeds have a GroMax coating to aid growth and establishment.
For more information about GroMax follow the link below.
Disclaimer: Occasionally shortages of some varieties may occur, therefore we reserve the right to replace unavailable varieties with a suitable alternative. Any alteration to the mixture will be clearly shown on the bag label. Our standard terms and conditions of sale apply. For further information regarding this, please contact our technical sales team on +353 (0)1 841 7399.