Johnsons J Green Grass Seed
The fine fescues and browntop bent cultivars in this mix produce a fast, sustainable green which is highly tolerant of close mowing. The rhizomatous slender creeping red fescues and browntop bent in the mix ensure that the sward is both fine and dense with excellent disease resistance.
||Slender Creeping Red Fescue
||Creeping Red Fescue
| All cultivars chosen in this mixture are independently tested and rated for performance by the Sports Turf Research Institute.
J Green Grass Seed Features
Highest rated bent grass cultivars
Fine, dense turf
Traditional green specification
Highly tolerant of close mowing
Excellent disease resistance, & natural colour
GroMax treated, maximises seedling development
Directions for Use
|Sowing Rate (g/m2)
||Overseeding Rate (g/m2)
||Mowing Height (mm)
|20 - 30
||10 - 20
||Down to 4
- Prepare the surface before sowing ensuring that:
- Stones & weeds are removed.
- There is sufficient drainage.
- The surface is level and firm.
- The surface is moist.
- Sow the seeds evenly, using the correct sowing rate to a depth of approximately 10 mm.
- Ensure that the surface remanins moist for at least 2 - 3 weeks.
- Make the first cut when the grass is 5 - 6 cm tall and tillering has started.
- Prepare the existing turf by removing excess thatch and limiting irrigation and fertilisation.
- Apply using the correct overseeding rate.
- For best results use a disc seeder or a studded seed roller.
Did you know?
Johnsons J Green Golf & Bowling Greens Grass Seeds have a GroMax coating to aid growth and establishment.
For more information about GroMax follow the link below.
Disclaimer: Occasionally shortages of some varieties may occur, therefore we reserve the right to replace unavailable varieties with a suitable alternative. Any alteration to the mixture will be clearly shown on the bag label. Our standard terms and conditions of sale apply. For further information regarding this, please contact our technical sales team on +353 (0)1 841 7399.
Delivery charges (if applicable) applied at checkout. Next working day delivery is available on ‘In Stock’ items, on orders placed before 12 noon. Please allow 3-5 working days on all other orders – possibly longer during the festive season & bank holidays. Please note deliveries to more remote areas may also take longer. More delivery info
Please Note: If you have any access restrictions for lorries or large vehicles please speak to our sales team on .
Collection from our Naul, Co. Dublin, Trade Counter is available for this product. More info on collections