Johnsons J Fescue Grass Seed
This 100% fine fescue blend is ideal for links style golf greens and sustainable management programs due to its strong tolerance of salt. In addition the mix is both drought tolerant and highly resistant to disease. The use of fescues helps to deliver a sward with low fertiliser and water requirements.
|20||Cezanne||Slender Creeping Red Fescue||7.5|
|20||Absolom||Slender Creeping Red Fescue||7.5|
|10||Nigella||Slender Creeping Red Fescue||7.3|
|All cultivars chosen in this mixture are independently tested and rated for performance by the Sports Turf Research Institute.|
J Fescue Seed Features:
- Top rated, proven cultivars, with Top Rated New Cv Beudin
- Drought tolerant, and highly resistant to disease
- Good Shade & salt tolerance tolerance
- Reduces fertiliser and water requirements, lower carbon footprint
- GroMax treated, maximises seedling development
- Reduce Poa annua invasion
Directions for Use
|Sowing Rate (g/m2)||Overseeding Rate (g/m2)||Mowing Height (mm)|
|25 – 35||10 – 25||Down to 5|
- Prepare the surface before sowing ensuring that:
- Stones & weeds are removed.
- There is sufficient drainage.
- The surface is level and firm.
- The surface is moist.
- Sow the seeds evenly, using the correct sowing rate to a depth of approximately 10 mm.
- Ensure that the surface remanins moist for at least 2 – 3 weeks.
- Make the first cut when the grass is 5 – 6 cm tall and tillering has started.
- Prepare the existing turf by removing excess thatch and limiting irrigation and fertilisation.
- Apply using the correct overseeding rate.
- For best results use a disc seeder or a studded seed roller.
Did you know?
Johnsons J Fescue Grass Seeds have a GroMax coating to aid growth and establishment.
For more information about GroMax follow the link below.
Johnsons J Fescue Grass Seed is also available as a fertiliser coated ProNitro mixture, ideal for fast seeding and effective overseeding.
Disclaimer: Occasionally shortages of some varieties may occur, therefore we reserve the right to replace unavailable varieties with a suitable alternative. Any alteration to the mixture will be clearly shown on the bag label. Our standard terms and conditions of sale apply. For further information regarding this, please contact our technical sales team on +3530)1 841 7399